Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Day 6 - Rathskeller Implementation Device


Since Ms. Couchon refused to acknowledge the clear superiority of my device, or to validate its winning status with such acknowledgment, it was my clear duty to take her keyboard away from her yesterday. Please accept this Day 6 post a little late. I was testing out the mechanism and there were a few technical difficulties. Lenny was helping me.

Here it is:

Rathskeller Implementation Device
What better way to assuage those lingering yearnings for days and nights spent soaking in massive quantities of German beer than to implement your own rathskeller?

The Rathskeller has long maintained its superior standing over the hokeypokey, and for good reason. It even promotes good health, if you can understand the German slogan "Besser ein Rausch, denn ein Fieber." What?! You don't know German? Well me either, so here is the translation: "Better be tipsy than feverish." Right! So don't be a bozo.

Who wouldn't want want to immerse themselves in a beer-soaked, hearty, rousing atmosphere of German beer? Testruns have indicated that the mechanism works most effectively in a wood or stone-based architecture form, and is best used in a traditional manner, i.e., in a basement level room (this will keep your downstairs neighbors, teetotallers as they are, from descending on your previously serene rathskeller and wrecking it in rage).

Any artwork that yearns for a patina of beer and sausage aroma should be installed before initiating the rathskeller implementation. Once set in motion, the mechanism will do its work on its own. If you want to get a head start on your immersion in your own personal German beer hall, feel free to remain in the chamber while the mechanism does its work. You will emerge, hours later, perfumed in barley and hops, and weaving pleasantly while waving your stein about in a rousing fashion.

I'll answer any questions you may have during our demonstration of the device at 2:00 this afternoon when we install it in one of the Zone 8 storage rooms off of the Haunted Corridor as the Warehouse Staff has chipped in on Lenny's advice to purchase one for their department. We are also working on integrating a Schnitzel House into the optional plans.

6 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we invite the lonely beer pint mascot to the rathskeller? Maybe if it's really lonely it will stay and entertain us as a live-in mascot!!!

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please post the location of the haunted corridor? I don't want to inadvertantly wander down it as I am allergic to ghosts. I had a bad reaction to one once as a child, and I don't need to be rushed to the hospital again with my head swollen to the size of a large helium filled balloon.

It just makes my job harder when I'm having to differentiate between real people and ghosts, which I think would be pretty hard to do on those small monitors we have.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Gyrobo said...

Yarph! Only Roboshrub Inc.'s all new ham-flavored bubble gum can prevent our collapse!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Monkey said...

I attended the "demonstration" yesterday and I can tell you, I am not pleased. The aforementioned Stein was not offered to me in the traditional manner. I was unceremoniously stuffed into a large, damp stein and then beaten unmercifully about the head and neck with a knockwurst.

I believe this product needs further testing.

Thank you,
The MailRoom Spokesmonkey

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Michelle Souliere said...

Dear Monkey--
I am sorry the knockwurst got out of hand. The espresso drinks beforehand were probably a bad idea. I will try to find you an appropriately banana-related stein the next time I go out stein-shopping.

Maybe we will also implement some banana fritters for the Happy Hour munchies on pre-arranged days of the week.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Michelle Souliere said...

Robogyrobo--
Please see Roger about the development of a Roboshrub/ZU collaboration on the production of your delicious-sounding pink ham bubblegum. Delightfully salty, no doubt!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home